Our History

banner-history

Pinge’s started way back in 1945, with 29 students of Basic English course at Balmohan Vidya Mandir School, Dadar Mumbai. The late Shri M. M. Pinge was not only a missionary, but also a great visionary. He started classes for Basic English, when very few had understood its importance. Again when he realized the necessity of assisting the School and College students to improve their careers, he started Classes for them and later included the SNDT university candidates, and courses for various competitive examinations. Thus, he rendered yeomen services to the needy segment of the student community. Hundreds of students, who have been coached in Pinge’s Tuition Classes, have never lost sight of the high ideals and interests. This is one of the reasons, why Pinge’s Tuition Classes is looked upon as the pole star in the field of education.In addition, late Shri. M.M. Pinge extended his helping hand to the less privileged and saw to it that they found a place in the Society.

All the while, late Shri. M.M. Pinge never forgot his humble origin and decided to plough back his earnings into various charitable, religious & cultural streams. He thus literally lived to the definition of the word ‘Institution’. Students from weaker sections of the society received his particular attention; handicapped and other disabled, were other beneficiaries of his largesse. Pinge’s Tuition Classes thus came to acquire a social character.

It could be said that coaching classes, then considered luxury of a few privileged, was brought within the reach of the middle class due to his efforts. With great distinction, he served as a founder member-cum-treasurer of Asia’s first
Co-operative hospital ‘Shushrusha’.

Shri M. M. Pinge was an active member of Devgad Education board and undertook a lot of efforts for the upliftment of educational system in Devgad. He was honoured by the Government Of Maharashtra and appointed Justice of Peace in 1971.